Then the spoke to Moses, saying:
Reminder: "praying effectively" involves knowing God's will. When we pray in His will (in His name), He may choose to not answer those prayers in the time period that we would like, or HOW we would like - but He will answer those prayers!
It is God's will:
- that we do not do what the "world" does (Lv.18:3)
- that we do not partake in other religions (Lv.18:3)
- that we obey God in order to live in peace with others (Lv.18:4-5)
- that we obey God in order to live in peace with God (Lv.18:4-5)
- that as children of God, we are to be holy because our Father is holy (Lv.19:2)
Dear Lord Jesus, thank You so much for giving us commandments that are practical and make sense in order to get along with others. Thank You that You want the best for us, and that You do want us to live in peace with each other. And most importantly, thank You that Your desire is for us to live in peace with You.
Help us to desire to be more like You, holy in every aspect of our lives. Amen.